Thursday, May 14, 2009

A few notes about the drawings


First of all, the cards I have been drawing are not finished art; they are preliminary sketches. The drawings are made on a Macintosh G4 using Adoboe Photoshop and a 9" x 12" Wacom Intuos 2 drawing tablet.



The first drawing I made was the Two of Swords. This image just kept reoccurring in my mind. I had not been thinking of creating a deck, but for some reason I just felt compelled to draw this card. After finishing the sketch, I thought "hey, this is pretty cool-- I think I'll do another one." For no specific reason, I then decided to draw The Hanged Man. Well, after that, I was off and running. Actually, a more accurate way of putting it would be to say that I set out on a leisurely stroll. This is not for lack of interest on my part, but as a high school teacher, I am incredibly busy during the school year. I also have to be careful not to start a drawing on a "school night", as this typically would keep me up past my bedtime. I have a hard enough time getting up at 5:30 a.m. without staying up half the night drawing tarot cards!

So anyway, summer break will be here pretty soon; I'm hoping to really get rolling on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment